Full Stack Developer
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Block 64 is a software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions that help our business customers embrace modern cloud computing platforms. Our products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally on behalf of one of the largest cloud service providers in the world.
We are about to take it to the next level and need your help to achieve our goal of becoming a leading IT assessment services provider in the market. We are a savvy team of industry vets who like to have a little fun in the office (or when working from home!) but are also serious about customer service and providing top-notch service levels to our valued partners.
We are seeking experienced full-stack software developers (LAMP & .NET) to support and expand our proprietary suite of software applications as a key member of our Toronto-based development team. If you are a keen learner and independent problem solver looking to grow personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate must love to solve technical challenges with attention to detail and must possess a working knowledge of all aspects of application design and software development. Reporting to the Director of Software Development, you will be responsible for defining, designing, coding, testing, and developing our growing IT platform. This is a hands-on development role that will challenge your innovative solution designing skills.
About the Position:
- This is a full-time position based in our Liberty Village office in Toronto with flexible work-from-home options
- Competitive salary based on experience and relevant skills
- Full health benefits including RSP matching
- Casual work environment with flexible working options
- This is an individual contributor role with no direct management or supervisory responsibility
- Design, code, and develop innovative customer-facing features and back-end applications from concept to production
- Aim for best practice, defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews
- Provide work estimates/Story Point, status updates and ETA’s during sprint planning and daily scrum meetings
- Document functional and technical requirements, acceptance criteria and results, prepare and verify builds for production release
- Adhere to all source code management and release management best practices and in accordance with company policy
- Investigate defects and provide a resolution within SLA, and provide status update to level 2 support, customers and partners
- Must be flexible to changes in priority with the ability to execute tasks with limited supervision
- Must be a supportive team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have 3+ years of professional experience in full lifecycle software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate advanced level expertise in the PHP, .NET Core, C# and Python
- Experience in agile development methodologies and with development operations tools including JIRA, Bitbucket and Git
- Knowledge of Linux based and Windows operating systems, command-line programming, and basic scripting (PowerShell and bash)
- Nice to have: understanding of public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), virtualization technologies (HyperV, VMware, Docker)
- Nice to have: client-server communication and network security protocols, including WMI, SMB, RPC, SSH, TCP/IP
- Strong communication skills technical and business, verbal and written
- Most importantly, a keen, curious mind and a thirst for knowledge!
How to Apply:
Please submit your application here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates who meet the stated requirements will be considered.