Technical Support Specialist
LOCATION: Toronto, ON and Vancouver, BC
We are looking for someone with a deep interest in technology and the ability to learn and adapt quickly. In this role you will be responsible for remotely helping customers deploy our software, overcoming any unexpected hurdles and working with them until the deployment process is complete.
You should have a fundamental understanding of how corporate networks are structured and be able to learn and adapt quickly. You will be speaking regularly with customers and partners, so discussing technology should energize you.
About the Position:
- This is a full-time position based out of Toronto
- Competitive salary, bonus and vacation policy based on skills and experience
- Full health benefits and opportunities for additional incentive-based earnings
- Casual work environment with flexible and work from home options
- Preference for bi-lingual and multi-lingual candidates, specifically Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese
- Provide technical support to customers and partners through various channels including phone/web-conference, email and chat
- Record all support requests and document progress to resolution
- Maintain or exceed support ticket SLAs for response time and resolution
- Coordinate and plan activities with partners and customers from deployment pre-work to installation and hand-off
- Remote deployment and configuration of our proprietary IT asset discovery platform on client networks
- Monitor the collection of installation data from client sites, make recommendations to improve performance and completion rates
- Provide guidance and assistance to team members, sharing technical knowledge
- Document common errors and paths to resolution in KB format
- Identify opportunities for process and product improvements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or related
- Minimum 12 months of post-graduate experience in an IT support role
- IT Service Desk or Network Administration experience considered valuable
- Must demonstrate a solid foundation in core network concepts
- Experience administrating AWS/Azure in corporate environments
- Understanding of Windows authentication protocols, network security and optimization, common virtualization platforms VMWare, V-Sphere
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux based operating systems, comfortable in a command line programming environment
- Strong communication skills, technical and business
- Most importantly, a keen, curious mind and a thirst for knowledge
About Block 64:
Block 64 is a software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions that help our business customers embrace modern cloud computing platforms. Our products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally on behalf of one of the largest cloud service providers in the world.
We are about to take it to the next level and need your help to achieve our goal of becoming a leading IT assessment services provider in the market. We are a savvy team of industry vets who like to have a little fun in the office (or when working from home!) but are also serious about customer service and providing top-notch service levels to our valued partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates who meet the stated requirements will be considered.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.