LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Block 64 is a software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions that help our business customers embrace modern cloud computing platforms. Our products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally on behalf of one of the largest cloud service providers in the world.
We are about to take it to the next level and need your help to achieve our goal of becoming a leading IT assessment services provider in the market. We are a savvy team of industry vets who like to have a little fun in the office (or when working from home!) but are also serious about customer service and providing top-notch service levels to our valued partners.
Are you a staffing and recruiting professional with experience placing both technical and non-technical roles? Our growing team based in Toronto is expanding globally, and we are looking for an experienced recruiter to help us build our team. In this role you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing the recruiting process end-to-end. The successful candidate will be outgoing and enthusiastic self-starter with natural networking ability both in-person and online. This is the perfect next step for a contingency-based recruiter looking to go “in-house” and play an integral role in a growth stage technology firm.
About the Position
- This is a full-time position based in our Liberty Village office in Toronto
- Competitive salary based on experience and relevant skills plus annual bonus
- Full health benefits and RSP matching after 90 days
- Additional company holidays in addition to earned vacation days
- Casual work environment, dog friendly office
- Flexible working options including home based or remote work depending on role
- May require attendance to web conference interviews outside of regular business hours
- Preference for bi-lingual and multi-lingual candidates (French, Spanish, Portuguese, other)
- Design, implement and manage the recruiting strategy for Block 64’s expansion
- Partner with department hiring managers to prepare job descriptions and job postings, conduct candidate intake and pre-screening
- Conduct proactive candidate search and outreach activities leveraging personal networks, industry events, LinkedIn etc.
- Conduct initial candidate interviews and nominate exceptional candidates to the respective hiring manager
- Maintain the Careers page on the Block 64 website will all current and open positions
- Foster relationships with local post-secondary institutions and participate in student placement services for new graduates
- Work with recruiting partners and 3rd party staffing agencies where required
- Manage the new hire onboarding process from hire date to start date
- Develop, track and report recruiting scorecard metrics to Block 64 management
- Report to management on market trends, monitor and advise on compensation trends using various sources of market data
- Application Rate
- Placement Rate
- Retention Rate (90 days)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, human resources, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as an outbound recruiter for technical roles
- 3+ years of experience recruiting for the technology industry (software, SaaS, cloud services) at all levels including manager and director level
- Strong knowledge of various job seeker platforms and ability to manage job posting and promotion activities across multiple online platforms
- Experience using LinkedIn for candidate identification and recruitment
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates who meet the stated requirements will be considered.