Senior QA Automation Engineer
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Block 64 is a software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions that help our business customers embrace modern cloud computing platforms. Our products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally on behalf of one of the largest cloud service providers in the world.
We are about to take it to the next level and need your help to achieve our goal of becoming a leading IT assessment services provider in the market. We are a savvy team of industry vets who like to have a little fun in the office (or when working from home!) but are also serious about customer service and providing top-notch service levels to our valued partners.
We are seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer to support and expand our proprietary suite of software applications as a key member of our Toronto-based development team. If you are a keen learner and independent problem solver looking to grow personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
You must love to solve technical challenges with attention to detail. You must possess a working knowledge of all aspects of automation design and software development. Reporting to the Director of Software Development, you will be responsible for defining, designing, and developing test strategy, test plans and test automation. This is a hands-on development role that will challenge your innovative solution designing skills.
About the Position
- This is a full-time position based in our Liberty Village office in Toronto with flexible work-from-home options
- Competitive salary based on experience and relevant skills
- Full health benefits including RSP matching
- Casual work environment with flexible working options
- This is an individual contributor role with no direct management or supervisory responsibility
- Responsible for all test activities/processes – create and execute automated test process; develop and enhance automation frameworks; designed and maintained efficient test environment/setup
- Responsible for developing of test plans, test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components
- Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, and the selection of testing tools
- Plans and organizes testing efforts for Web, Graphical User Interface (GUI) and nonGraphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including functional and non-functional tests, integration tests, regression tests, and user acceptance tests
- Document test cases, acceptance criteria and results
- Must be flexible to changes in priority with the ability to execute tasks with limited supervision
- Must be a supportive team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have 3+ years of professional experience in creating Hybrid Driven Automation Frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of design and development experience with Automation Testing Frameworks and Tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Cucumber/Gherkin, SOAP-UI
- Experience in agile development methodologies and with development operations tools including JIRA and Bitbucket
- Nice to have: Knowledge of Linux based and Windows operating systems, command-line programming, and basic scripting (PowerShell and bash)
- Strong communication skills technical and business, verbal and written
- QA orientation, certifications is a plus
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates who meet the stated requirements will be considered.