Technical Support Specialist
LOCATION: Toronto, ON and Vancouver, BC
Block 64 is an early-stage software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions to some of the most enduring business problems. Our products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally.
We are about to take it to the next level and need your help to achieve our goal of becoming a leading IT asset management solutions provider. We are a savvy team of industry vets who like to have a little fun in the office, but are also serious about customer service and helping our business customers reduce IT risk and save money.
We are looking for independent problem-solvers who enjoy helping people and have a deep interest in technology. Attitude is favoured over experience, so long as you have the technical chops and the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
In this role, you will be responsible for remotely helping customers deploy our tool, overcoming any unexpected hurdles and working with them until the deployment process is complete. You will be speaking regularly with customers and partners, so discussing technology should energize you.
About the Position
- This is a full-time Toronto or Vancouver-based position
- Competitive salary based on experience and relevant skills
- Full benefits and opportunities for additional incentive based earnings
- Casual work environment with flexible working options
- Manage the collection of installation data from client sites leveraging our own tools and/or existing client or vendor provided tools
- Coordinate and plan activities with customers from deployment pre-work until completion with official hand off
- Practice sound project management principles to ensure your portion of projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Work with team members, management and customers to identify and understand functional and technical requirements, ultimately documenting them as a use case in GIT
- Participate in twice-weekly project meetings
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing products, working with the team to design and execute appropriate fixes where required
- Provide technical support to customers and partners through chat/email/phone/WebEx
- Remote deployment and configuration of our products for customers
- Support and deliver customer-facing product demonstrations (eventually)
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or related
- Service Desk experience beneficial
- Minimum 12 months of post-graduate experience as network administrator or similar IT support role
- A solid foundation in core network concepts ideally with hands-on experience administering networks in corporate environments, experience with AWS/Azure and/or software licensing are considered a plus
- Understanding of Windows authentication protocols, network security and optimization, common virtualization platforms VMWare, V-Sphere
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux based operating systems, comfortable in a command line programming environment
- Strong communication skills, technical and business
- Most importantly, a keen, curious mind and a thirst for knowledge
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates who meet the stated requirements will be considered.