TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: Liberty Village, Toronto, ON
SALARY: $50,000 — $55,000
Are you a technically-minded person who understands network infrastructure and likes people too?
Our team of experienced techies is looking for independent problem solvers who enjoy helping people. Attitude is favoured over experience, so long as you have the technical chops and are ready to roll up your sleeves, we’d love to hear from you.
Block 64 is a rapid growth software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions to some of the most enduring business problems. Our products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally.
If you want to learn and grow and have fun while you do it, then look no further.
As our new Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for remotely helping customers deploy our network discovery and inventory tool.
Bringing with you network administration, IT support, or service desk experience, along with a genuine passion for people, you’ll help our clients overcome unexpected hurdles and work with them until the deployment process is complete.
About the Position:
- This is a full-time position based in our Liberty Village office in Toronto
- Competitive salary ($50,000-$55,000/year) based on experience and relevant skills
- Full benefits and opportunities for additional incentive-based earnings
- Casual work environment with flexible working options
- We are a dog-friendly environment
- Manage the collection of installation data from client sites leveraging our own tools and/or existing client or vendor provided tools
- Coordinate and plan activities with customers from deployment pre-work until completion
- Practice sound project management principles to ensure your portion of projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Work with team members, management and customers to identify and understand functional and technical requirements, ultimately documenting them as a use case in GIT
- Participate in twice-weekly project meetings
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing products, working with the team to design and execute appropriate fixes where required
- Provide technical support and to customers and partners through chat/email/phone/WebEx
- Remote deployment and configuration of our products for customers
- Support and deliver customer-facing product demonstrations (eventually)
Required Skills & Experience:
Here’s what we need:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or related
- Minimum 12 months of post-graduate experience as network administrator or similar IT support role
- Understanding of Windows authentication protocols, network security and optimization, common virtualization platforms VMWare, V-Sphere
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux based operating systems, comfortable in a command line programming environment
- Strong communication skills, technical and business
- Most importantly, a keen, curious mind and a thirst for knowledge
And here’s what would be a plus:
- A solid foundation in core network concepts ideally with hands-on experience administering networks in corporate environments
- Experience with AWS/Azure and/or software licensing
- Service desk experience
About Block 64:
We are about to take it to the next level, and need your help to achieve our goal of becoming a leading IT asset management solutions provider. We are a savvy team of industry vets who like to have a little fun in the office, but are also serious about customer service and helping our business customers reduce IT risk and save money.
If you’re looking to gain global business experience, work in a service-obsessed environment of intelligent achievers, and bring your whole self to work, we’re the company for you.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com